We are looking for an exceptional person to join our Senior Leadership Team as our Chief of People. This is a diverse role which will grow and change over time along with Alembic. The role is dedicated to enhancing and supporting our peoples' work adventures. You will work closely with our Managing Director to lead initiatives that ensure the company has excellent practices that focus on our people, processes, and culture. This is a fully flexible, remote position.
How we fit together
We're technical consultants and you consider yourself a techie, or a really big fan of them. You have a growth mindset, are deeply curious and eager to embrace continuous learning, change, and growth. You're smart, organised and love working with people. You get things done, bring a positive mindset to everything you do and most of all you know how to have fun.
You enjoy leading people and implementing strategic initiatives
You are a servant-leader. You are a collaborator, coach, and mentor. You seek feedback and accept constructive criticism with an open mind. You support a diverse culture of individuals and our core values resonate with you. You thrive on ambiguity knowing you can evolve your role as needed, over time.
You are highly organised and can build on top of existing processes
You are comfortable working remotely in individual and team settings. You prioritise and manage your work and time effectively and have a positive approach to change. Your strong attention to detail helps you apply a methodical approach to problem-solving. You have experience spotting gaps in processes and architecting changes that support improvements.
What a typical week might include
You will be responsible for supporting employees through people-focused operations, thoughtful change management, and event management. Your week might include:
- Facilitating people ceremonies and celebrations
- Coordinating social events, team get-togethers, and remote team activities, as well as external meetups and conferences
- Coordinating and supporting hiring operations, including publishing job advertisements, preparing employee contracts
- Ordering staff equipment and keeping track of it, employee on-boarding and off-boarding, and other recruitment related tasks
- Maintaining HR handbook policies
- Creating and maintaining business processes and procedures
- Managing relationships with key partners and vendors
- Helping us build our internal playbook where we publish what we do and how we do it
- Collating team performance reviews and related tasks
- Supporting business change management
- Managing our internal and external communications including website and social media updates
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t match 100% of the requirements. Although we expect you'll have a broad base of experience, we value a passion for learning and tackling new challenges over deep expertise in a single area.