We are looking for experienced full-stack software developers to join our growing team. You will work alongside your Alembic and client teammates to deliver simple and valuable web applications. If you love developing software, and the variety that multiple clients and projects provide, this could be the right position for you.
Alembic is a software consultancy business that is committed to delivering simple, robust and performant solutions to our clients. We're constantly working to improve ourselves and our skills, while challenging assumptions and learning from every project we work on. We're invested in building an inclusive, supportive technical community, and we support diversity initiatives. We support those around us, and we're supported by our teams.
We’re looking for developers with the following attributes:
- any experience with other functional languages will be highly regarded, eg Erlang, Haskell, F#, Clojure or any Lisp, OCaml, Elm, etc
- experience with frontend frameworks and design systems like React, NextJS, TailwindCSS and Storybook
- experience designing, building and integrating with GraphQL and/or REST APIs
- experience with relational and non-relational datastores: we mostly use PostgreSQL, but also DynamoDB and Kafka
- worked on a variety of different architectures from CRUD based Rails or Phoenix applications to event sourced, microservices, and serverless
- have worked with lightweight Agile processes like XP, Lean and Scrum
- can deploy and operate systems in a cloud environment (we use AWS, Azure and GCP) using CI/CD and DevOps principles of automation
- an interest in monitoring and observability of distributed systems
- pragmatic ability to balance code quality with project and client constraints
- strong teamwork and the ability to work confidently with colleagues and clients
- communicates clearly and concisely
You will be responsible for designing and developing web applications for our clients, ensuring they operate efficiently and effectively. In a typical week you might:
- work within an agile, cross-functional team to continuously deliver valuable software for end users and clients
- analyse and simplify client requirements and convert them into delightful user experiences
- capture and communicate the project and technical vision, including architectural and design decisions
- scope, estimate and prioritise upcoming work keeping an eye for any potential risks
- participate in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing
We are a remote-first company and you can work from anywhere with reliable internet and at least 4 hours of overlap with Sydney time.
We provide the following benefits:
- the equipment you need to do your best work, including a 14" or 16" MacBook Pro, 27" 5K monitor, and peripherals
- an electronic sit/stand desk and an ergonomic chair so you’re home office setup is top notch
- subsidised internet connectivity, we’ll cover $50 per month for your ISP bill
- team retreats so we can reconnect with nature and form deeper connections as a team
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t match 100% of the requirements. Please let us know if you need any specific accommodations during the interview process.